Tuesday, June 22, 2010

What is your milk of choice?

Good Morning blog friends! Yesterday I didn't juice or have a smoothie and I felt lazy all day! Now, it may have just been the weather that made me feel so lazy, but I'm curious today to see how I feel after juicing since the weather is rainy yet again!

Yesterday's lunch was Butternut squash and white bean soup with Mary's Gone Crackers. I get this soup from Farm Fresh Delivery & all you have to do is heat it up. Delish!











I wanted to share this ABC pasta with all of you who have kids. It is organic, whole grain, and delicious! It only takes 5 minutes to make and it's one of Sophia's favorites! I just sprinkle it with Parmesan cheese and she gobbles it up! I get mine in my Farm Fresh Delivery bin, but I have also seen it at Whole Foods.












Dinner last night was Sandella's. I got the vegetarian quesadilla, and it was just ok. Didn't I say last time I went there I was going to stick with their salads? Their salads are wonderful!












Breakfast this morning was 1/2 cup Bear Naked granola with 1/2 cup almond milk.












For those of you who haven't tried soy milk or almond milk. Silk makes both of these milks & is my favorite brand. I also really like coconut milk made by So Delicious. These are my favorite "cow milk" alternatives. However, when I was still drinking milk I always bought Horizon brand (or any other organic brand) It is a lot more expensive, but to me it was worth it for my health.










Also, while I had the camera out I took a picture of 3 of my favorite things to put in my smoothies. I am a visual person and thought you might like to see what the packages look like. On the left is the chia seeds, in the middle is Amazing Grass wheatgrass, and to the right is my FAVE the Amazing Grass Chocolate Superfood! I got all of these at the Vitamin Shoppe in Greenwood, but again you can order them online & find them other places I'm sure.









Off to the grocery! I'll show you tomorrow any new exciting finds!
~A












2 comments:

  1. For the first time I made a green drink for supper lastnight and went ahead and made one for this morning so I would not have to do it before school as you suggested. Worked out great! It was strange to drink it an it be cold. It was still good but I could sure taste the cucumber in it and I normally can't! green peace out!
    mok

    ReplyDelete
  2. To weigh in, I like Rice Milk - Vanilla flavor only. Couldn't take the bitter almond flavor so don't know if I'd like your brand of almond either. I am going to try your coconut milk pictured. I assume I can get it at a normal grocery unless you say otherwise. Your soup looked delicious! Can I request a topic for a future blog from you?? Can you speak a bit about the money being spent on all these trips to grocery and farmers markets? I'm scared to get to deep into this!!!! No $$!!

    ReplyDelete