Sunday, June 5, 2011

Summer Love










Happy summer everyone! I am already off to a great summer and wanted to share with you all some of the things I am LOVIN' at the moment...so here it goes!

1. Facebook- Isn't it so wonderful how we have such access to each other? I love it! What did we do without it? Oh yeah, we called each other! Those of you who know me know I struggle with that one! I am SO not a phone person!

2. New Cars- Matt and I got a new car that gets 40 miles a gallon, and I swoon over this car! It is a Hyundai Elantra and it is a BLAST to drive! Matt and I sometimes box over who is going to drive it!

3. Cookbooks- I am a cookbook junkie, but during the school year I don't get to peruse them much. But during the summer I love to plan out our weekly meals and try new recipes! Her are a few of my faves!


4. Reading- Again something I don't have much time for during the school year. I am planning a book- a- thon this summer! Here is what I am currently reading:
 
And here is my next read (above)
I really try to read fiction and I do like it, but I am such a non-fiction freak! After these I am going to try to read 2 fiction books!

5. Passion Tea Lemonade- I love this stuff, but got really tired of paying $4 for it every time I got one. I tried to make my own at home, but it was an epic fail every time. So I decided to have a little chat with the Starbucks barista. She let me in on a little secret that the passion tea bags are not the ones sold in stores (those are only for hot tea) but rather they use a "special" ice tea passion tea bag! What? No wonder I couldn't get it to taste right. So got on Starbucks.com and ordered me a HUGE box! Now I finally have my own pitcher in my fridge everyday!

6. And BEST of all right now, I am LOVIN' being a teacher during the summer months! I love it during the school year too, but the summer is AH. MA. ZING!



~A

2 comments:

  1. A - I highly recommend reading "One Day" by David Nicholls as one of your fiction reads this summer. It was a bestseller in the UK and the movie starring Anne Hathaway and Jim Sturgess (21, Across the Universe) comes out in August. I seriously couldn't put the book down and have been counting down the months until the movie comes out. I have a copy if you want me to mail it to you. Have fun!
    -Marcie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What I love most about summer is my mood. The sun shots our thyroid function way up and because of this we regulate blood sugar. This makes summer because of the intense sunlight. The healthiest time of the year.

    ReplyDelete