Friday, September 10, 2010

Breaking Up With Lady Starbucks

Isn't she Beeeautiful?








In the words of Kris Carr "Oh Lady Starbucks, you little "Hoochie Mama" we love to frequent!"

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE fun flavored coffee...vanilla, hazelnut, pumpkin spice, you name it. I LOVE it. However, since I am transitioning to eating a more alkaline diet I have to trade in my daily coffee habit for some less acidic habits. Now don't get me wrong, I still LOVE the "Hoochie Mama" but only indulge in coffee occasionally and let me tell you it has been tough. But here is my new morning routine:

1. Rather than drinking a cup of coffee on the way into work, I now enjoy hot water with lemon on my drive in. (don't worry I was at a red light)















I always have sinus issues in the morning when I wake up and I literally can feel the sinus release and my head clear as I drink this! Try it!

2. Then I have either a juice or a smoothie which are both full of alkalinity! I was double fisted with Cherry bombs today for myself and my friend Denise. (Check out her new blog)
















Although, I have decided to do away with some of her yummy treats. I can't seem to let go of "Hoochie Mama's" pretty face. So to make the break-up less traumatic I keep several pictures of her on my desk, but she now holds my water and my smoothies!
















Lady Starbucks, it's not you, it's me. I know we can still be friends. Things will just be different between us. I will still stop by and see you I promise, but I will now enjoy your Passion Tea instead of your creamy brown goodness. Please don't be mad at me! I think this will be good for both of us!

I will always love you "Hoochie Mama"

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment