Thursday, June 10, 2010

Jump Around...Jump Up, Jump Up & Get Down

I'm going old school...watch out!

Yep, that's right I got a mini trampoline and I am stoked! I promise I won't break out the legwarmers! I have been reading a lot about "Rebounding" (jumping on a mini trampoline) and it is awesome for you! I won't go into all the boring science of why, but rebounding helps to tone, cleanse (rid your body of toxins), and stimulate your metabolism. All while burning some mega calories! Just google it if your curious.


After training for the mini marathon, I am excited to get off of the treadmill (nothing against the treadmill, I do love the treadmill) and start jumping! My plan is to put on my ipod and just go nuts...ALONE! No one can watch! LOL I'll let you know when I come up with a real plan. First, I just want to experiment.

I will try to get Matt to take a picture of me on it...if you promise to laugh!


On with the eats:

Dinner last night was my vegan version of my favorite fast food meal...three cheese nachos from Qudoba minus the cheese! Here is what I mixed in a bowl:

~black beans

~brown rice

~100 calorie pack of Guacamole (Love these! I get them at Kroger)

~tomatoes

~onions

~Tofutti Sour Cream (vegan)



Then I dipped my favorite chips (Guitless Gourmet) in it! It was SO satisfying! You could do a non-vegan version of this by adding cheese or chicken.












After Sophia was in bed Matt and I each had a square of this dark chocolate. I like keeping my chocolate in the freezer. For some reason it feels more like a special treat that way, and I am less likely to get into it a lot.


~Apparently no one has told Macy what chocolate does to dogs, because she really wanted some!














This morning I started off with a green tea with Stevia to sweeten it. Since cutting out pop I am trying to drink more tea.













Then for breakfast I had oatmeal with a little yogurt on top, strawberries, and chia seeds sprinkled on top.

*Chia seeds can be found at health food stores or online. They are good source of Omega 3's. Click here to read what Dr. Oz says about chia seeds. I love Dr. Oz!



















Hope everyone is having a great day!


Peace, love, & chia seeds!

~A

No comments:

Post a Comment